Friday, December 17, 2010

At least a little something to celebrate :)

After all the doom & gloom of last night's blog, I thought I should write about some good news I got today. I had to drive in to Sacramento this morning to get my blood checked for the anticoagulant I'm taking for my blood clot. They had me giving myself shots of a fast-acting blood thinner as well as taking Cumadin pills, which take a couple weeks to reach their full effectivness. I found out this morning that my blood levels have reached where they should be, so no more shots, yay!!! You should see my belly! That's where I had to give myself the shots & it's covered in quarter sized bruises. They don't hurt, it just looks super creepy :)

It was also nice today to get to drive myself to Sacramento. My mom has been amazing and has basically been my chauffer, to and from all of my appointments, and has not complained for a second! I wanted to give her a day off today so I drove myself with no problems, though my leg started swelling a little, so I probably won't do it too often.

On that note, after reading over my last post, I realized that I had neglected to acknowledge how remarkable my parents are. They have been going through this physical & emotional roller coaster with me and we have laughed and cried together and they have been nothing but stellar friends, companions and care-givers for me. My dad is furiously making plans to finish our basement so that I will have my own little apartment down there and my mom makes and serves me most of our meals, gossips, shops & watches TV with me and takes care of Horch and my 2 kitties (yes, they have inherited all 3 of my pets). All of our lives are wrapped up in this, and they have not complained once (at least not to me!). I'm so friggin spoiled! I just needed to put that out there :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your parents are awesome! If your dad needs help with your "apartment" let us know. I'm sure Brent wouldn't mind lending a hand. :)