Friday, March 30, 2012

Dr. Prados' Decision

Sorry I didn't write a post yesterday, but I didn't get a call from my Dr. Prados until about 5:30pm and we had some guests over, so I didn't get a chance to post.
Anyway, of course I wasn't able to get to my phone in time to answer it, so he just left a message. He said that most of his colleagues agreed that it wasn't evident enough that the tumor had grown and that they think I should continue on the same treatment I have been doing. That is good news for me since I already know that I have no side effects from this chemo and I know what to expect. There's always a little anxiety when I start a new treatment just for fear of the unknown. On his message, he said that at my next appointment, he really wants to check out my left leg's strength to see if it seems to continue to get weaker, a sign of tumor growth. I tried to call him back to ask a few questions, but wasn't able to reach him. I spoke with one of his nurses who said they would want me to get another MRI in 8 weeks. Apparently their offices are closed today and over the weekend, so I won't get to talk to him until Monday. So, at least for the next few weeks, not much new will be happening unless I lose a noticable amount of strength in my leg.
Like I promised, here it is...
The date is the day I was diagnosed with my tumor and the slash marks are for every year that I've beat the odds since. In case it's hard to tell, it's on the outside of my right calf. It's a little bigger than I was originally expecting, but I figure go big or go home :) I think I'll eventually get some flowers or something intertwined. I know I'm going to be addicted now! Now each year on January 8th, I'll go get another slash mark until they wrap around my calf, go down my ankle and cover my foot. I figure at least 50 more years :)

No comments: