Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Busy, busy, but doing great :)

Well, finals were a little rough, I didn't get to finish my moulded truffles :( but they're over and I passed the class with a B (who would've thought pastry school would be so challenging???) My new class is making cakes and after only 2 days, I like it a lot better. Today we made a 4 layer chocolate cake with buttercream frosting, espresso chocolate chip angel food cake and a hazelnut torte that we will frost with chocolate mousse tomorrow... bet you all wish you lived closer, huh? Needlesstosay, I've put on a couple pounds since starting the program, but running around for 5 hours a day in class and a few hours a week at work have helped offset the damage that could be happening to my waistline!

In terms of my health issues, fortunately I don't have much to report :) I've been feeling great this week and I'm chaulking up my roller coaster from last week to anxiety and stress that seem to have diminished this week. I'm not even sure if the fatigue and disorientation I was feeling were a result of my new medication like I assumed. It seems more likely that they were leading up to the panic attack I had. I've been feeling basically normal since that night and have been much more productive.

I hope you all are enjoying our turn toward fall. I love this time of year and am looking forward to getting out of the 90's and breaking out some of my sweaters and long pants!

1 comment:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Hey Laurie! I was so excited to get your e-mail and blog... would you believe I've been thinking about you and praying for you, lately!?!? But, I didn't know your e-mail address, nor all the yucky stuff you're going through.
I've always thought you were such an amazing person, and I will continue to pray for you and read your blog! Love, Cara