Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chapter 2

Hi Everyone! I hope you all are doing well :)

Back in 2002 and 2003, I won the fight against a nasty brain tumor (Chapter 1). The hope, support and inspiration I received from all of my friends and family were, I believe, what ultimatley led to the destruction of that little piece of crap!!!

Well, unfortunately, it turns out that it has some little cousins who have decided to visit me as I've been told that I have a few new little tumors growing in the same general area of my brain as the original one. I began doing chemo 2 nights ago and have had no major problems or side effects. I tolerated this same chemo really well last time and so far it looks like I will hopefully be having the same experience. I don't expect to lose my hair this time, since I only lost it last time from the radiation treatments I did, and I won't be doing radiation this time... my body has already had all the radiation that it can take.

I decided to make a blog so I can let you all know what's going on with my treatments and progress if you're interested, but not bombarding your inboxes with what can be a gloomy subject. I'll update you on how I'm doing and any significant events in my life and treatment and you can check up on me if you're curious.

I've been going to pastry school since early July and expect to graduate in mid February. I'm also working as a server at a seafood restaurant here in Sacramento called Fins. I plan on continuing doing both for as long as I can or until I decide to plan a fabulous month-long trip to Europe or some other exotic location :) I'm finally realizing what I should have appreciated the first time I beat cancer... that our lives are unpredictable and we should do the things we are passionate about today. Whether we live to 40 or to 80, life is too short to put things off until tomorrow or next week or next year. Make the most of the time that you have with your friends and family and have some adventures!

Ok, so I'm getting a little deep. Being told you have brain tumors will do that to you. I gotta say though, I've had some great conversations with people I love in the last few days and, in a weird way, that makes it all worth while!

No comments: