Monday, February 21, 2011

Slow, Relaxing, Cold Week

Wow, I just saw a shooting star! That was cool :)

Ok, bat problem was never really resolved. He never showed up again and Dad, unfortunately for him, never got to any shooting practice. He just disappeared or escaped. Lucky little guy!

We got a bunch of snow last week and I had to leave my car at the bottom of our extremely steep driveway after a trip into Sacramento & my dad had to rescue me on his Polaris. Luckily my car is all wheel drive cuz I passed several 2-wheel cars that were stuck when on Fiddletown Road.

Yesterday Mom and I had a cooking marathon :) She made a delicious burgundy wine stew and I made butternut squash soup and some super rustic, hardy multigrain rolls. I'm making a double batch of the rolls tomorrow... they went over really well :) I'm not really one to toot my own horn, but I think we could start a restaurant on the reputation of these rolls alone.

Now, on a serious note, I'm scared for my best friend in the whole wide world! Erin and her husband, Tommy, are on a month long trip in New Zealand ( I know, tough life, right?!?). Not sure if you heard, but today they had a big earthquake in the capital of New Zealand, which, from my best estimate, is about 200 miles from where I think they were. I haven't heard from her yet, and I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but still... I'm paranoid. You'd think that I would be used to earthquake stories, living in California, but they're just so far away! They're fine Laurie, they're totally safe and just hiking around in some beautiful scenery... it will all be a funny memory very soon. One thing to make me (us) feel better, Tommy is a paramedic & totally trained to take charge in any situation :) Hugs & kisses E&T!

Hope you all had a nice President's Day :)

xoxo, lg

No comments: