Saturday, August 7, 2010

Avastin, here I come...

Hi again!

Just a quick note to let you know that I am having my first IV drip of Avastin on Monday 8/9/10 and Mom's going to come stay with me to make sure I can handle it. Apparently this stuff isn't considered chemo and should have few side effects. I've talked a little with an old friend from high school who is also going to UCSF for a brain tumor that she was diagnosed with about 10 months ago and she is in a clinical trial using Avastin and a couple other drugs. She said that the Avastin is the easiest on her and that if that was all that she had to do, it would be no problem. Unfortunately, it sounds like the other drugs have been less than kind to her body. She is a wonderful person and has a loving husband and son. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts as well. I'll let you all know how it goes on Monday.

On a lighter note, I had the world's most relaxing pedicure today and my toes look fantastic :) I'm starting to understand the healing benefits of being pampered!

XOXO,
Laurie

1 comment:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Hope it went well today!!! Glad you had a nice pedicure. :)