Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Little Nugget

Ok, so I just remembered a funny story that I think most of you will get a kick out of...

I went to my friend Barbara's wedding shower last weekend. Barbara and most of her friends are volleyball players, as in, played in college & still play, really good volleyball players. So Barbara is the shortest of them, at 5'10"! I kinda forgot about this at the shower cuz we were all sitting, eating and playing wedding shower games. Well, the team that I was on for one of the games wanted to take a picture with Barbara, so we all stood up and I felt like an elf in the land of giants! There were 4 amazingly tall, beautiful women surrounding my 5'2" ass! I looked like their mascot :)

I was on my way home from the shower & talking to my sister on the phone about it and I told her my Short Laurie story (because she can totally relate... she's the tall one in our family at 5'3"). For those of you who know who Chelsea Handler is, she's a comedian and has her own show with a "little person" as her side kick named Chuy, but she lovingly refers to him as her "Little Nugget". So Dena said that I was Barbara's Little Nugget. Thanks Sis! Love ya too :)

No comments: