Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Wheels :)

I finally saw a physical therapist yesterday and she confirmed what I pretty much had already figured out... my left foot is mostly useless at this point. Walking has become REALLY hard lately and it's been keeping me from doing a lot of things that I normally wouldn't think twice about. The other day I was SLOWLY making my way to my car in the Costco parking lot and this cart-getter-boy offered to carry me to my car :) How cute is that? Anyway, that should give you an idea how very obvious my disability is now (not to mention what a hottie I've managed to stay throughout this whole ordeal, lol!)



The good news is that the physical therapist hooked me up with a brace that has me up and running (figuratively speaking) again :) It is a single piece of hard plastic that runs from the ball of my foot, up the back of my ankle and almost up to the back of my knee where it has a velcro strap that goes around my calf. It really helps me keep my ankle flexed and toes up so that they aren't dragging anymore. I actually went for a little walk around my apartment complex last night and am practicing how to walk normally again. After 2 months of limping, my hips don't know what the heck is going on! I think after a little more practice I should be walking like a big girl again :)



So I have tickets to watch the Giants beat the Dodgers tonight, and I was very tempted to cancel on my friends I'm going with because there's so much walking involved in going to a game, but I think I can do it now :) With my new wheels, I feel a lot more confident about getting around!



I'll try to write again later this week, but if not I will definitely post after my appointment next Monday with my oncologist when I'll be getting the results of the MRI I had 2 days ago. This is my first MRI since starting on my new medication, and it will pretty much let us know if the medication is working or if we'll have to move on to plan... what are we on now... D? E? Keep your fingers crossed for me... I'm pretty scared about this one.

Hugs & kisses to you all :)
Laurie

No comments: